Because enrolling in health insurance can be confusing, there are free, local, in-person navigators and brokers to assist you.
Ways to Enroll Through MNsure:
- Direct, online enrollment is available for individuals who feel confident completing the process on their own.
- Contact a navigator (recommended). Navigators are trained individuals from trusted local organizations that provide free face-to-face application and enrollment help, including those applying for MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance.
– Within the greater Duluth area, check the “Get Local Assistance” page for a list of navigators.
– Outside of Duluth, please contact the United Way 2-1-1 service (1-800-543-7709 or email email@example.com) or check the MNsure Assister Locator website for a list of navigators nearest you.
- Contact a broker. Brokers are trained and licensed professionals who offer free face-to-face enrollment assistance. Brokers are a good resource for individuals who need help determining which Qualified Health Plan is best for them.
What You Need to Enroll:
- Social Security number for each person applying
- Date of birth for everyone in household (not just those applying)
- Driver’s license, Tribal ID or other ID
- For non-citizens, Green Card or other immigration documents
- Last year’s tax forms (1040EZ or page 1 of 1040)
- Two most recent pay stubs
- Documents for other sources of income (social security, unemployment, self-employment, etc.)
- W2 form or Employer Tax ID Number (EIN)
- Employer’s address and contact information
- Information about any employer-provided health insurance available to each person applying (request this from the employer)
- Think of a username and password for your MNsure account
* note: gather as much documentation as possible. If you are unable to get documentation listed, you may still be able to enroll, so don’t delay contacting a Navigator and beginning your application.