After the Affordable Care Act became law in 2010, and Minnesota elected to establish its own state-based exchange, Generations held several community conversations about where people would like to go for assistance enrolling in coverage through MNsure.
Based on those conversations, a coordinated community approach to outreach and enrollment assistance was developed, with several partners serving as navigator organizations, and many more partners conducting outreach with their networks and communities. Together, these 15 partners, representing community non-profit agencies, health care providers, faith communities, higher education, and St. Louis County make up the Insure Duluth Coalition. Generations serves as the lead agency, coordinating and convening partners for Insure Duluth activities.
Funding for navigators comes from the MNsure Navigator Outreach and Enrollment Grant Program. Generations has been the MNsure grantee for the Greater Duluth Navigator Network since 2013.
Insure Duluth Coalition Partners
- Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency
- Arrowhead Parish Nurse Association
- Community Action Duluth*
- Duluth Area Family YMCA*
- Duluth Public Library*
- Duluth Salvation Army
- Essentia Health
- Generations Health Care Initiatives*
- Head of Lakes United Way 2-1-1 Service
- Lake Superior Community Health Center*
- St. Louis County Public Health and Human Services
- St. Luke’s
- University of Minnesota Health Care Management Program
- WE Health Clinic*
* indicates navigator location